Data Entry Tutorial for Online Freelancing
In this post I‘ll discuss about data entry for online freelancing. First, we need to know what is data entry:
Data Entry is a combination of two words. Data mean information and Enter mean Insert. That is to say, Data and Entry is information inserting.
In other words, information inserting into any data store is to say Data Entry. It may be Online or Offline. For example: Information inserting into an online shopping store or typing into a page or form to see a scanned file is a type of Data Entry task.
What need to know for Data Entry?
The first and most important is: Fast typing speed and fast mouse handling skill.
Second is: Learn tasks to selecting the platform.
We can mention two types of Data Entry platform: 1) Online Freelancing Data Entry. 2) Official Data Entry Job.
If you want to do the data entry task for “Official Data Entry Job “, you can’t get nothing in this post. I’ll discuss about “Online Freelancing Data Entry” here. If you start an official job as a data entry operator, the office representative will teach you how to work or use on their software or application.
But If you want to do the data entry task for online freelancing, you should learn some programs and task, for example: Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, PDF Form Entry, Magento, WordPress, Volusion, Drupal, Joomla, OpenCart, Bigcommerce, eBey, Alibaba, Amazon, Craigslist etc.
You should know which programs works for which task. So, let’s start details for all programs and task:
Basic programs for Data Entry:
- Microsoft Word: You should learn Microsoft Word, because it needs for any type of typing task, writing from scanned images, proposal letter, press release, application etc.
- Microsoft Excel: You should learn Microsoft Excel, because it needs for any type of data collection task, calculation task, conditional task etc.
- PDF Form Entry: You should learn about PDF reader and PDF writer. A lot of task you can find in the online freelancing marketplace for online data entry into PDF form.
Listing data entry:
Listing is a one kind of data entry. So, you should know, how to post articles, uploading content, product listings, business Listings in various types of CMS or Open Source based websites.
CMS – Content Management System Data Entry:
- WordPress: Present age WordPress is the most popular CMS to build a website or blogs. So, you need to know, how to post articles, uploading content, product listings, business Listings in WordPress sites.
- Joomla: Present age Joomla is also a popular CMS to build a website or blogs. So, you need to know, how to post articles, uploading content, product listings, business Listings in Joomla sites also.
- Magento: Magento is the most popular CMS to build e-commerce based website. So, you should learn, how to product listings in Magento CMS based websites.
- Volusion: Volusion is also a popular CMS to build e-commerce based website. So, you should also learn, how to list or upload products in Volusion based websites.
- Drupal: Drupal is a CMS like Magento or Volusion which is for e-commerce based websites. So, you should also learn, how to list or upload products in Drupal based websites.
- OpenCart: OpenCart is also same CMS like as Magento, Volusion or Drupal, which is used for e-commerce based websites. So, you should also learn, how to upload or listing products in OpenCart based websites.
Open Source E-Commerce Platform Data Entry:
BigCommerce: BigCommerce is an open source e-commerce platform. It is used for e-commerce web service. So, you should also learn, how to upload or listing products in BigCommerce based websites.
C-to-C, B-to-C and B-to-B Website Products Listings Data Entry:
C-to-C: C-to-C mean Consumer-to-Consumer
B-to-C: B-to-C mean Business-to-Consumer
B-to-B: B-to-B mean Business-to-Business
- eBey: eBey is a Consumer-to-Consumer & Business-to-Consumer sales services via Internet. You can get a lot of tasks in freelancing marketplace, to list products in an eBay store. So, you should know, how to ebay listing.
- Alibaba: Alibaba is a Consumer-to-Consumer, Business-to-Consumer and Business-to-Business sales services via Internet. You can get a lot of Alibaba store products listing tasks in freelancing marketplace. So, you should know, how to list products in Alibaba store.
- Amazon: Amazon is an Internet based retailer website. A lot of product listing project you can get in freelancing marketplace. So, if you want to do more work you should know how to list products in Amazon store.
Classified Website Products Listings Data Entry:
In the freelancing you can get a lot of data entry projects to list products on classified website. Craigslist is one most popular world wide classified site. So, you should learn how to listing craigslist.
You may also like